Wesburn - Warburton Highway - Victoria
Wesburn, formerly Warburton West, stretches along several kilometres of the Highway between Yarra Junction and Millgrove, and includes the historic localities of Britannia Creek and Old Warburton.
A thriving tourist destination until the 1950s, Wesburn at one stage had twelve named guesthouses plus several others.
At its peak, Wesburn's Main Street had at least twelve shops, plus a blacksmith, two churches and the school. Both the Baptist church and Wesburn Primary School recently celebrated their centenaries.
Wesburn Park, one of the largest open public recreational spaces in the Upper Yarra, has a wealth of historic connections. The Upper Yarra Racing Club held picnic races there between about 1930 and 1963, and it was also used for tennis, basketball and netball.
These days the Park is still being used for a multitude of purposes, including Australian football, cricket, school sports days, pony club events and passive recreation, while the Upper Yarra Incident Control Centre, incorporating regional headquarters for the CFA and SES - together with an emergency helipad - are located in the western corner.